Brief: Deliver an event for 600 of Castrol’s most important global business customers that captures the ‘performance’ of the 2010 FIFA World Cup whilst remaining true to Castrol’s brand pillars: innovation and technology.
Our audience insight: “I’m at the World Cup Final and I want a once-in-a-lifetime experience.”
Activation: A celebration of the performance of every aspect of the tournament the night before the final. With the help of local event agency VWV we merged live performances from a cast of 200, interviews with footballing legends and projection-mapping onto the front of Johannesburg’s Witwatersrand University to commemorate Africa’s first ever World Cup.
Results: The success of the Commercial Display was measured as part of Castrol’s full guest experience programme, the results of which are as follows:
- Agreement that Castrol is “an innovative, exciting, forward looking company” increased by 260% from a pre-tournament survey
- 97% of guests rated their overall experience Excellent or Very Good
- 98% rated Castrol’s approach to their guests’ health and safety as either Excellent or Very Good
- 98% agreed that the trip had given them an opportunity to build an even stronger relationship with Castrol staff
- 95% agreed that the trip had enabled them to get a better understanding of Castrol’s business strategy
The event was awarded Best International Event at the 2011 UK Event Awards. The full guest experience programme was awarded Best Brand Event Strategy at a Sporting Event at the 2011 Brand Event Awards.