Brief: Design a cutting-edge environment to be visited by all guests prior to their matchday experience.
Our audience insight: “I’m a guest of Castrol so I expect to be sold to, but I don’t want to simply be told about their products.”
Activation: A range of interactive games and activities featuring multi-touch tables, specialist video analysis equipment and large format projection surfaces. Each activity linked to Castrol’s product messaging. For example, special Batak machines were programmed so guests played against the South African goalkeeper performing the same sequence, allowing them to test their reaction times compared to his and reinforcing the message that Castrol Magnatec reacts as soon as you turn on your engine.
Guests also received an insight into the match they were about to attend from Castrol ambassador Marcel Desailly and the full range of Castrol analysis tools.
Results: The success of the Performance Lab was measured as part of Castrol’s full guest experience programme, the results of which are as follows:
- Agreement that Castrol is “an innovative, exciting, forward looking company” increased by 260% from a pre-tournament survey
- 97% of guests rated their overall experience Excellent or Very Good
- 98% rated Castrol’s approach to their guests’ health and safety as either Excellent or Very Good
- 98% agreed that the trip had given them an opportunity to build an even stronger relationship with Castrol staff
- 95% agreed that the trip had enabled them to get a better understanding of Castrol’s business strategy